Saturday, August 3, 2013

EGO- what is it exactly? Does your Rule your life?

Ego is not just about being conceited, as most people have related to it. Everyone has an ego, some stronger and more noticeable than others. Ego represents one's "self" or "identity." How do you identify yourself? Does your ego rule you? Maybe you're not sure or perhaps you need help with it. Either way, you should know whether you are operating out of your ego or your higher self. If you operate from your higher self rather than ego, you will see your life improve. Your relationships will improve, as will your work relationships. You will be connected with your higher self once you start understanding your ego.

The thing is, we don't have to fight it, hate it, or reject it. We need to learn how to work with it and understand it.

Our ego wants to rule our body. It's also the voice in your mind that may tell you that you can't do something or that you aren't good enough. Why does it do that? It does so to prevent your higher self from ruling your physical body. It's all about control and being in the forefront. If you get your ego in check, it has to move to the background, and then you are connected to your higher self, and your spirit begins to speak. Your spirit has your best interests at heart, wanting you to operate out of your highest nature. This allows you to see your true calling, true nature, and be aware of your intuitive gifts, which everyone possesses. You'll start to feel free, happy, loving, and more. You will also be able to see the love and potential in other people.

Here are ways to identify if you are operating from your ego. Ask YOURSELF:

  1. Do I judge people?
  2. Do I judge myself?
  3. Do I self-criticize?
  4. Do I criticize others? (This usually happens to divert focus from self.)
  5. Do I tell people what they should do but don't do it myself? (Hypocrisy)
  6. Am I focused on negative situations?
  7. Am I listening to those negative thoughts?
  8. Do I surround myself with people who operate from their egos?
  9. Do my emotions get the best of me?

These are just a few questions to ponder. If you regularly engage in any of these behaviors, consider moving away from them. Start looking at your behaviors. How are you responding to people? How are you relating to people?

The first step in understanding and identifying if you are operating from your ego is to take a look at your behavior. If you recognize it, notice it, and then start to change it.

Letting go of judgment was one of the hardest things I had to do because I didn't even realize how often I was judging myself and others. When we judge, we don't allow others to be themselves. There is no love or kindness in judgment.

To fully heal yourself, you need to start from within, and working on your ego is a great place to start.

If you need suggestions or want me to elaborate on this subject, please email me, and we can discuss it.

I've done a lot of work on my ego and shadow self. It wasn't a pretty process, and I'm still working on it. The one thing I can say is that I fully recognize when my ego tries to intervene. It becomes a more manageable challenge if you let it be!

Be your higher self. Let your light shine. Act in kindness. Love yourself and everyone.


Peace,
Carolyn
carolyndberry@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment